Saturday, July 07, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

Our attempt at a family picture.

I'm not quite sure what Sydney and Ethan were looking at here, but I thought it was a cute picture.

I think we caught great-grandpa mid sentence in this picture, but it was a keeper shot because everyone was at least looking at the camera, well, sort of.

So, I'm a little late on my happy 4th post. Oh well. We had a great holiday! We celebrated Sydney and Ethan's great-grandpa's birthday with a Happy Birthday 4th of July cookout. Then, we headed to Augusta for the fireworks. It was the first time we kept Sydney and Ethan up late enough to watch a real fireworks show. They enjoyed it, but were a little overwhelmed. Ethan kept saying that his ears hurt and that he needed his sunglasses. Sydney just watched with wide-eyed amazement.

Andrew and I celebrated our five year anniversary yesterday. We had originally planned to go out of town for the weekend, but the thought of going somewhere fun without the kids didn't really appeal to us. Instead, the kids stayed the day and night with my parents and we went out to eat, we shopped in lots of non stroller-friendly boutiques, and we watched the Transformers movie. Transformers was obviously Andrew's pick, and shopping was mine. The movie was pretty good though I was surprised.

Last week, Sydney and Ethan's second cousin Jaymison came to visit all the way from Pennsylvania. They had lots of fun playing with her and I will try to post some pictures from the visit later.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.