Thursday, August 02, 2007

Fun with trucks


Here's a cute picture I took of the kiddos a few weeks ago at touch a truck day. Ethan is obsessed with anything with wheels or tracks lately. He has really loved going to his grandparent's house to watch the construction teams as they add a new room and pool. We haven't done anything really fun and exciting lately so I haven't had much to post about.

Now that I realize that we haven't been doing many fun things, I will have to make sure we have an awesome weekend full of fun things to photograph.

Ethan made the move from his crib to a bed this week. He had been sleeping in his "big boy bed" for several days, but he didn't want to part with the crib. Yesterday however, he said he was ready to take his crib down. So, we helped him complete the transformation of his room from a baby nursery to a big boy's room. He has talked about his crib being gone all day today. I'm not quite sure if it is because he is excited and happy about this new adventure, or if he is feeling a little overwhelmed by his leap into big boy land.

Sydney got a new pair of shoes to wear with her braces that she is very happy about. She has always preferred her girlie little white keds over any other shoes, and I was finally able to find a pair that would fit over her braces. We did have to have extra velcro added so they would fit, but they are still cute and Sydney seems to enjoy wearing them.

Ethan still talks about his fire station party every day. I don't think he grasps the fact that he is going to have to wait a whole year before he gets another party. Nor does he understand that grownups don't get to have fun parties like kids do. When we tell him that "daddy's birthday is next", he says that daddy's party will be at the firestation too. Who knows, mabe we can cook up a little fire truck birthday cake to help Andrew celebrate his third decade.

Well, now that I wrote all of this I realized that fun things did happen the past few weeks, and I will try to get a picture of Sydney's fancy new shoes and of Ethan in his big boy bed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.